The system uses full-automatic on-line control. The real time dynamic water adjustment is realized by calculating the temperature field and dynamic tracking of the strand. The control model has been put into operation on several casters, and the comparative experiments show that the inner quality of billets has been obvi- ously improved.
- An optimized OPC model is designed for steady communication and the dynamic secondary cooling control can be realized without changing the CCM automatic system;
- Three-dimensional model with unique static mesh is established for simulat- ing the heat transfer in solidification process. Slab, billet and round modules are developed respectively with fully concerning the influence of flow field, steel grade, casting speed and water distribution. Using high resolution fac- tor, the calculating result is accurate and the calculating speed is fast;
- The real time temperature field dynamic tracking of the strand is realized and
- the central cracks are minimized by optimized secondary cooling;
- The trend of process data can be dis- played and judged reasonably;
- A specialized database mode is estab- lished, which contains our experiential and professional data. This mode would be helpful for developing new steel grade.